LeaViNG oN a JeT PLaNe

LeaViNG oN a JeT PLaNe

Intro: G C G C

G C

All my bags are packed, I’m ready to go
G C

I’m standing here outside your door

G C D(x2)

I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
G C

But the dawn is breaking, it’s early morn
G C

The taxi’s waiting, he’s blowing his horn

G C D(x2)

Already I’m so lonesome I could cry

CHORUS:

G C

So kiss me, and smile for me
G C

Tell me that you’ll wait for me
G C D(x2)

Hold me like you’ll never let me go
G C

I’m leavin’ on a jet plane
G C

I don’t know when I’ll be back again
G C D(x2)

Oh babe, I hate to go

G C

There’s so many times I’ve let you down
G C

So many times I’ve played around

G C D(x2)

I tell you now, they don’t mean a thing
G C

Every place I go, I’ll think of you
G C

Every song I sing, I’ll sing for you

G C D(x2)

When I come back, I’ll wear your wedding ring

CHORUS

G C

Now the time has come to leave you
G C

One more time, let me kiss you

G C D(x2)

Then close your eyes, and I’ll be on my way
G C

Dream about the days to come
G C

When I won’t have to leave you alone

G C D(x2)

About the times I won’t have to say

CHORUS X2

Coda : D G